By Obinna Chima and Nume Ekeghe
Trading on the recently introduced Nigeria Interbank Foreign Exchange (NIFEX) has revealed huge volume of activities by both commercial and merchant banks with competition among the financial institutions heightening as they seek to satisfy their clients.
The returns on forex utilisation and source of funds (purchases) for the week ended June 24, 2016, which was published by banks last week, also showed that forex demand for the payment of school fees and other invisibles such as personal travel allowance (PTA) and business travel allowance (BTA), that used to be dominant activities, have all thinned out. On the other hand, dollar sales to customers for the importation of industrial raw materials and other visibles dominated activities.
Connect via email
- Naira falls against dollar at parallel market – NAN
- Nigeria strengthening economy attracts forex traders – The Cable
- Permanent secretary forfeits N664m, $137,680.11,properties to FG – THE NEWS NIGERIA
- Naira to weaken further as dollar demand increases – PUNCH
- Dollar to Naira Rate Black Market August 18 2017