ABUJA Nov 1 (Reuters) – Nigeria’s President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday met leaders from the Niger Delta and representatives of militant groups which have been attacking oil facilities in the restive region, a witness and official said.
A Reuters reporter saw state governors and traditional rulers from the swamp lands meet Buhari and top security officials at the presidential villa in Abuja. An official said militant groups had also sent representatives. (Reporting by Felix Onuah; writing by Ulf Laessing; editing by Jason Neely)
Connect via email
- How CBN is tackling inflation, exchange rate volatility – Emefiele – The Nation
- Nigeria’s Buhari warns off separatists, takes back control after treatment – Reuters
- CBN lifts forex market with $195m – Guardian
- Oil prices fall almost two per cent after end-of-week rally – Guardian
- Dollar to Naira Rate Black Market August 22 2017