LAGOS, June 30 (Reuters) – Nigerian central bank has sold $7 million at 283 naira to the dollar on the interbank currency market on Thursday, one trader at a major commercial bank told Reuters.
Traders said the local units of ExxonMobil, Chevron, Eni and Addax sold a combined $37.2 million through commercial banks for import of petroleum product to the country.
The interbank market traded a total of $60 million volumes by 1256 GMT, with the naira quoted at 283 to the dollar. (Reporting by Oludare Mayowa; Writing by Chijioke Ohuocha)
Connect via email
- Nigeria’s Buhari returns home after three-month sick leave in Britain – Reuters
- Naira falls against dollar at parallel market – NAN
- Nigeria strengthening economy attracts forex traders – The Cable
- Permanent secretary forfeits N664m, $137,680.11,properties to FG – THE NEWS NIGERIA
- Naira to weaken further as dollar demand increases – PUNCH