The Naira on Tuesday appreciated against the dollar at the parallel market, closing at N468 to a dollar.
The Nigerian currency gained N2 from N470 it posted on Monday, while it exchanged at N570 and N517 against the Pound Sterling and the Euro respectively.
Trading at the Bureau De Change segment of the market showed that the Naira was sold at the approved rate of N380 to the dollar, while Pound Sterling traded at N580 and Euro at N515.
At the official inter-bank market, the naira remained at N304.75 to a dollar.
Traders at the market attributed the ease in the liquidity challenge in the market to the resumption in the sale of dollars to BDCs by Travelex.
Connect via email
- Oil falls on report showing OPEC deal compliance falling in July – Reuters
- AMCON – The reek of corruption and failure will not disperse – Naira Insider
- Refineries realise N62 billion from refined products – Guardian
- Naira gains slightly against dollar – Daily Post
- Naira Appreciates in Nafex, Parallel Market – Vanguard