The Naira on Wednesday depreciated further at the parallel market, exchanging for N322 to the dollar.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the naira lost N1 from the N321 it traded on Monday.
Also the naira traded at N465 and N365 against the Pound Sterling and the Euro respectively from the N467 and N365 it exchanged on Monday.
Meanwhile, the naira continued to exchange at N197 to the dollar at the official Central Bank of Nigeria rate.
Traders at the market said that they were still awaiting the impact of the passage of the 2016 budget at the market.
They, however, decried the scarcity of the greenback as they were finding it difficult to meet the demands of their customers.
Connect via email
- Naira falls against dollar at parallel market – NAN
- Nigeria strengthening economy attracts forex traders – The Cable
- Permanent secretary forfeits N664m, $137,680.11,properties to FG – THE NEWS NIGERIA
- Naira to weaken further as dollar demand increases – PUNCH
- Dollar to Naira Rate Black Market August 18 2017