The Nigerian currency gained N9 at the close of trading on Tuesday to exchange at N335, from N344 it traded on Monday.
The Naira also appreciated against the Pound Sterling and the Euro as it traded at N450 and N356 respectively.
Meanwhile, the Naira also exchanged at N281.85 at the official interbank rate at the end of trading on Monday.
Traders at the market said that the consolidated appreciation of the Naira at the market reflected the impact of the flexible exchange rate.
They added that the new foreign exchange policy had the potential of frustrating the activities of currency hoarders and speculators.
NAN reports that the new forex regime which took effect on Monday had rejuvenated activities at the market.
Connect via email
- Naira falls against dollar at parallel market – NAN
- Nigeria strengthening economy attracts forex traders – The Cable
- Permanent secretary forfeits N664m, $137,680.11,properties to FG – THE NEWS NIGERIA
- Naira to weaken further as dollar demand increases – PUNCH
- Dollar to Naira Rate Black Market August 18 2017