The Nigerian militant group, Niger Delta Avengers have denied responsibility for blowing up the NNPC pipeline in Eleme.
It was reported on Tuesday, July 5th 2016, that the group had blown up a pipeline operated by the state oil company NNPC.
Via their website, the militant group issued a statement on Wednesday saying that a fraudulent social media account had claimed the attack on its behalf.
In a statement released on their website, the group’s spokesperson, Brig.Gen Mudoch Agbinibo said,
“We warning any group that wants to do anything should go about their activities without tagging us (Niger Delta Avengers) instead do your activities and claim responsibility. The NNPC pipeline in Eleme blowing that was posted by this Facebook account yesterday Wasn’t carried out by Niger Delta Avengers.
We calling all national dailies to take note. Niger delta Avengers is not out to mislead the public as a result we are closing all our Social network accounts and will be using our websites to pass information to the general public.”
Connect via email
- Nigeria’s Buhari returns home after three-month sick leave in Britain – Reuters
- Naira falls against dollar at parallel market – NAN
- Nigeria strengthening economy attracts forex traders – The Cable
- Permanent secretary forfeits N664m, $137,680.11,properties to FG – THE NEWS NIGERIA
- Naira to weaken further as dollar demand increases – PUNCH