The Accountant-Generalof the Federation (AGF), Mr Ahmed Idris has reveal that the Federal Government of Nigeria and collated over N2.7 Trillion in its Treasury Single Account (TSA).
This comes after President Muhammadu Buhari in a bid to increase accountability and reduce corruption, ordered the merger of all state accounts into one account at the Central Bank.
A statement released by the deputy director of the OAGF, Kene. N. Offie, on Thursday, April 21, also quoted the Accountant-General of the Federation, Ahmed Idris, saying “there is a standing instruction from Mr. President for workers to be paid on or before 24 or 25 of every month.”
Connect via email
- Nigerian officials collect bribes totalling $1.2 billion each year -statistics office – Reuters
- WEEKAHEAD-Nigerian naira is seen weakening on the black market – Reuters
- Naira appreciates to N359.7/$ as External reserve hits $31.35bn – Vanguard
- Asia rally falters as dollar languishes – AFP
- Africa’s Richest Man to Invest Up to $50 Billion in U.S., EU – Bloomberg