The Accountant-Generalof the Federation (AGF), Mr Ahmed Idris has reveal that the Federal Government of Nigeria and collated over N2.7 Trillion in its Treasury Single Account (TSA).
This comes after President Muhammadu Buhari in a bid to increase accountability and reduce corruption, ordered the merger of all state accounts into one account at the Central Bank.
A statement released by the deputy director of the OAGF, Kene. N. Offie, on Thursday, April 21, also quoted the Accountant-General of the Federation, Ahmed Idris, saying “there is a standing instruction from Mr. President for workers to be paid on or before 24 or 25 of every month.”
Connect via email
- Nigerians may repay $5.5bn loan for 30 years, says FG – Punch
- Nigeria plans record budget of 8.6 trillion naira in 2018 – Reuters
- Dollar to Naira Rate Black Market October 20 2017
- WEEKAHEAD-AFRICA-FX-Kenya’s shilling seen weakening, naira steady – Reuters
- Nigeria sells treasuries to keep naira liquidity tight – Reuters