“The opportunity now, with the renminbi being a reserve currency, we are looking obviously at the lowest cost of funds to fund our budget deficit. Initially we were looking simply at the eurobond but then we began to explore opportunities in the renminbi market so there is a possibility of issuing a panda bond,” Kemi Adeosun told the Financial Times and Reuters in an interview. Panda bonds are renminbi-denominated debt sold by foreigners into China’s bond markets.
Connect via email
- Nigeria’s Buhari returns home after three-month sick leave in Britain – Reuters
- Naira falls against dollar at parallel market – NAN
- Nigeria strengthening economy attracts forex traders – The Cable
- Permanent secretary forfeits N664m, $137,680.11,properties to FG – THE NEWS NIGERIA
- Naira to weaken further as dollar demand increases – PUNCH