ABUJA Dec 15 (Reuters) – Nigeria’s oil production is close to 1.8 million barrels per day (bpd), oil minister Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu told a forum in Abuja on Thursday.
Nigeria has struggled to regain its peak production of around 2.2 million bpd due to persistent militant attacks in the oil-producing Niger Delta region.
The Forcados crude stream, with roughly 300,000 bpd, has been under force majeure since February, and in the third quarter production was roughly 1.63 million bpd, according to the country’s statistics office. (Reporting By Ulf Laessing in Abuja; editing by Susan Thomas)
Connect via email
- Oil falls on report showing OPEC deal compliance falling in July – Reuters
- AMCON – The reek of corruption and failure will not disperse – Naira Insider
- Refineries realise N62 billion from refined products – Guardian
- Naira gains slightly against dollar – Daily Post
- Naira Appreciates in Nafex, Parallel Market – Vanguard