ABUJA Nov 2 (Reuters) – Nigeria’s government will resubmit to the Senate a request to borrow $30 billion abroad up to 2018, which the house rejected on Tuesday, the information minister said.
“It is not unusual for the government and the Senate to have some disagreements, they want more information,” Lai Mohammed told reporters on Wednesday.
“We will give them all the information they need … and we are sure that by the time we finish they (lawmakers) will approve the request.” (Reporting by Felix Onuah; Writing by Ulf Laessing; editing by John Stonestreet)
Connect via email
- Nigeria’s Buhari returns home after three-month sick leave in Britain – Reuters
- Naira falls against dollar at parallel market – NAN
- Nigeria strengthening economy attracts forex traders – The Cable
- Permanent secretary forfeits N664m, $137,680.11,properties to FG – THE NEWS NIGERIA
- Naira to weaken further as dollar demand increases – PUNCH