Nigeria’s Super Eagles on Saturday trashed the desert foxes of Algeria 3-1 in a 2018 World Cup qualifying match at the Godswill Akpabio Stadium in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State capital.
Chelsea midfielder Victor Moses scored the first goal in the 25th minute to put Nigeria a goal ahead.
Captain John Mikel Obi got the second goal for Nigeria in the 42nd minute from a pass that looked offside.
The Algerians brought on the pressure in the second half with a 67th minute goal by Bentaleb.
But the Super Eagles sealed off the game in the 92nd minute with a second goal from Victor Moses.
The victory against Algeria now sees Nigeria lead the group which also has Zambia and Cameroon who had earlier played a 1-1 draw.
Connect via email
- Nigeria’s Buhari returns home after three-month sick leave in Britain – Reuters
- Naira falls against dollar at parallel market – NAN
- Nigeria strengthening economy attracts forex traders – The Cable
- Permanent secretary forfeits N664m, $137,680.11,properties to FG – THE NEWS NIGERIA
- Naira to weaken further as dollar demand increases – PUNCH